Gas prices are on the rise and cold winter is drawing in; it's no longer feasible to heat your home with gas. People are looking for other ways to conserve heat. Roller blinds and shutters are one way to do this.
Below are few tips for perfect blinds usage:
- Double glazing or insulation is a good idea for your home.
- You may also have a Grade 2 home that prohibits you from changing your windows.
- Blinds and shutters can't be installed by themselves. You must use them properly.
- In winter, close the blinds when the sun sets so you can retain heat.
- To maximize heat in the room, open the blinds even if it's a sunny day in winter.
- If a room is empty, blinds should not be opened.
Benefits & Conclusion:
Your roof and walls lose the most heat. However, 18% of the heat goes through your windows. Blinds and shutters can be used to reduce heat loss by as much as 40%.
You could save 70 on heating costs by investing in shutters or blinds. In these difficult economic times, homes cannot afford to lose 70.
The heat loss measured using single or double glazing is lower than when blinds were installed.
It has been proven that the greater the insulation benefit of shutters and blinds, the older the window is. Therefore, the best way to triple insulate your home is by purchasing quality thermal blinds.